Thursday, August 8, 2019

Gouache and Watercolor Card with MFT's Carousel Horses



I love any excuse to pull out my paints, and this is exactly what I knew I wanted to do when I saw My Favorite Things's new Carousel Horses stamp and coordinating dies.  These little horses are so sweet and the matching carousel die is AMAZING... there are so many possibilities with these sets!

I wanted one special horse to be the focus of my card.  I stamped my horse, painted her with gouache paints, and used the coordinating die to cut her out.  I then die cut a frame using MFT's Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames out of gold cardstock and a pole for the horse out of mirror gold cardstock.  I then used the Carousel die to cut out a floor and tent... so easy!



I wanted to create an ethereal background, so I blended some pink ink, splattered it with water, then used Tsukineko Shimmer Spritz for a pretty glow.  I then used gold embossing powder to add my sentiment to the bottom of the card.  I die cut the panel using MFT's Stitched Rectangle Die-Namics and added some gold stitching for interest.

All that was left to do was layer my pieces together.  I used foam tape behind all of the elements to give them dimension.  A few sparkly gold sequins and this sweet carousel horse card was finished!



I hope you enjoyed this project!  Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  I truly appreciate your support!

I'll be back soon with another project using more products from MFT's August release.  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature