Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Stitched Watercolor Card Using My Favorite Things Abstract Doodle Stamp Set


Oh my, this card was so much fun to make!  My Favorite Things's new Abstract Doodle stamp set is so fun and has so many creative possibilities, and I knew I wanted to try adding some stitched details to enhance stamped image.

This card came together so easily.  I first stamped my image onto a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock.  I then used Distress Ink in a rainbow of colors and painted an abstract piece, just playing around with colors (i.e., there was no rhyme or reason here!).  After the piece dried, I then simply took out my embroidery thread and did a simple backstitch over the stamped lines, changing colors so the thread would match whatever color was underneath.  This went so fast and was so easy, and I love how it gives the doodle some texture!



I added my Hello sentiment using the Little Hello die (currently free with a $60 purchase!), layering it on top of vellum so you can still see all that stitching underneath.  I made the little sentiment strip from the And with that, this fun, colorful card was done!  I am so happy with how this came out!



I hope you enjoyed this project!  Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  I truly appreciate your support!

I'll be back soon with another crafty project.  Thank you so much for stopping by!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature