Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Stitched Floral Accents Featuring My Favorite Things Little Hello Die-Namics




Hello, crafty friends!  I am so thrilled to be here with this new card featuring My Favorite Things's new Little Hello die from their August release!  If you take a look at my cards, it is no secret that I love a good "Hello" die.  It is one of the most universal, useful sentiments applicable to so many different recipients and events.  I have a container of my most used dies on my creating table, and this die has already made its way in there!

I decided to create a card featuring colorful stitched floral elements to highlight this classic sentiment.    To create my flowers, I used MFT's More Rustic Wildflowers stamp set to stamp my flowers in light ink directly on pool-colored cardstock.  I also used MFT's Fab Foliage and Royal Leaves Die-Namics to draw on some additional leaves and stems.  I then painted over the images with gouache.  Gouache is a fantastic medium for paining directly onto colored cardstock due to its opacity... I just love this technique and the striking effects you achieve with this paint!

I wanted to add some stitched details to my flowers, so I used the same light gray ink to stamp the floral accent layers directly onto the gouache.  Once the ink was dry, I simply poked holes over the ink and did simple backstitches to create the floral accents.  This gives the flowers such wonderful texture and dimension!



I mounted my "Hello" sentiment onto a layer of vellum in the center of the card.  All there is left to do is add a sentiment strip when I am ready to send the card.  I keep a little bowl of these sentiments on my desk... they always come in handy when I'm ready to personalize a card for a special event or recipient!  These sentiment strips were created with MFT's Woodland Friends stamp set.



The Little Hello die is currently free with a $60 purchase at MFT... how great is that?!?  You can find more info about that here.  I hope you enjoyed this project!  I'll be back soon with more projects from MFT's new release.  Thank you for stopping by!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature