Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Elevating Your Stencils with Stitching: My Favorite Things Joy Peace Love Stencil



Today is an exciting day!  It's My Favorite Things's holiday release day and there are so many fun and fresh new products!  I am so excited to be here today with a card made with MFT's new Joy Peace Love stencil.  It's no secret that I love adding stitching to my cards... it adds such interesting texture and dimension and an undeniable handmade quality.  I wanted to see if I could elevate a simple stenciled design with some stitching, and I just love the results.

I used my stencil just as it is intended, blending my words in fun pink, red and pool colors with sponge daubers.  I then cut out my panel using MFT's Stitched Rectangle Die-Namics.  Then the fun began... adding the stitching!  I used a paper piercer to poke holes around my words then stitched the words using a simple backstitch.  I also added stitching around the border of my panel using the same stitch.



I then cut out a "Joy" sentiment from MFT's new Joyful Wreath die.  I added another sentiment from the new Merry Moments stamp set, which I stamped on vellum and heat set using clear embossing powder.  Some sequins dotted here and there for a little sparkle and this card was done!



I just love this card... it is clean and simple, but the stitching adds such fun interest.  I hope you're inspired to add some stitching to your cards!

A link to the products I used is below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  I truly appreciate your support!

I'll be back with some more projects made with these fun new products.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon!





1 comment on "Elevating Your Stencils with Stitching: My Favorite Things Joy Peace Love Stencil"
  1. Oh Leigh, you truly are the Stitching Queen! Love this so much--so very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature