Thursday, August 6, 2020

Mod Stitched Card Using Simon Says Stamp's Spring Flowers Background Stamp



Hello, crafty friends!  I am so excited you stopped by today.  Simon Says Stamp has launched its new Let's Connect release, and I had the pleasure of creating this card with the amazing new Spring Flowers Background Stamp.  This just may be my favorite background stamp of all time.  I absolutely LOVE this stamp!  


When I saw this stamp, it reminded me of mod prints I recalled from back in the 70s.  I knew that stitching would add tons of texture and enhance that mod look.  I started by stamping my image and adhering my thank you sentiment in the center of the card (this is so I would not stitch underneath the sentiment, which can make the card bulky and the sentiment more tricky to attach).  I colored my flowers with alcohol markers using mauve-y pink and yellow tones and filling in the background with a pretty spring green.  After that came the stitching.  I simply used a paper piercer to poke holes along the stamp lines.  A tip:  when going around curves like the ones on these florals, you want to err on the side of piercing your holes closer together.  This avoids the curves looking jagged.  



After poking the holes, I stitched the holes using a simple backstitch.  I chose 4 strands of embroidery floss to achieve a chunkier look.  I love the effect of the stitching... it looks a bit like no-line coloring since it covers the stamp lines, and the texture it adds in real life is amazing.  This card feels soft to the touch.  I think there is something so special about this touch... the recipient of the card will be able to feel how much love went into making it!  

I finished my card by adding some more layers to this perfect thank you sentiment from CZ Design and adding some Nuvo Crystal Glaze on top for shine.  I then added some lemon yellow gems from Lucy's Cards to some of the flower centers for some sparkle.  

I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I loved creating it!  I am making another using some different colors because I love this stamp SO MUCH.  It has earned its rightful place in my list of favorite stamps ever!  



Thanks again for stopping by today, and enjoy the release!  


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature