Friday, August 21, 2020

Stitched Card with Ink to Paper's In Stitches: Acorn Die


Hello, friends!  I am so happy to be here today sharing another card I made with Papertrey Ink's Ink to Paper new release.  As a crafter who loves to stitch, I was so excited to make this card with the new Acorn die from the In Stitches line of dies.  This sweet acorn is perfect for such a wonderful array of projects!  

Because I am a firm believer that everything is made better with flowers, I decided to embellish my acorn with beautiful floral images from Ink to Paper's Framing Florals stamp set.  I started by stamping my images with light-colored ink onto white cardstock.  I then painted them with autumn-inspired shades of gouache.  I decided to stamp some of the florals and foliage directly onto the acorn base and others onto a separate piece of cardstock so I could cut them out and layer them with foam tape for dimension. I added a few separate hand-painted daisies to finish the floral arrangement.


After my painting was done, I did the stitching around the perimeter of the acorn using a chain stitch and mounted the acorn onto woodgrain white cardstock.  And now for confession time... I had made this pretty acorn with absolutely no planning on what I was going to use as a sentiment (eek!)  I knew I didn't want to cover up any of the painting or stitching, so I decided on the perfect Forever Grateful sentiment from the new Hello Pumpkin stamp set and heat embossed it in gold onto heavy vellum.  I tied it onto the pumpkin using twine.  


Something was still missing, so I decided to add some foliage from the Tag Creations: Blooming Indulgence die set.  I simply cut the pieces out, colored them with coordinating alcohol markers, then tucked them into the corners of the acorn.  I wanted them to rise up from the card a bit, so I adhered them with liquid adhesive only on their stems. 


A few tiny gold sequins and this card was finished!  I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I loved making it!  Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I'll see you back again with another card project from Ink to Paper! 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature