Monday, September 28, 2020

One Stamp Two Ways: Papertrey Ink's Ink to Paper Sweet Orange Holidays



Hello, friends!  I am so happy you stopped by today for these two cards I made with Ink to Paper's Sweet Orange Holidays stamp set.  I love stretching my supplies, so I decided to see if I could create two different looks with this stamp set.  Thanks to the beautiful detailed images, this was really easy and fun. 




For my first card, I stamped my orange images onto white cardstock using three different shades of orange ink.  I then fussy cut these out because I wanted to eliminate any white border.  After doing a preliminary arrangement of my oranges on a piece of Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening cardstock, I stamped some foliage from the Sweet Orange Holidays stamp set in white glitter embossing powder and some pine branches from the Tree Essentials stamp set in green embossing powder.  I also stamped my sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Warmth stamp set with white embossing powder.  I stamped some pinecones from the Framing Fall stamp set onto Dark Chocolate cardstock and fussy cut them to create some more winter interest.  A few blossoms from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp and die set finished the arrangement.  Some white splatters finished up this card and created even more winter interest. 




For my second card, I looked to some of my favorite gouache artists like Sherry Lee, Roselynn Carr, Lindsay Brackeen to create this summer-inspired citrus card.  I stamped the base layer of my oranges onto watercolor cardstock used different shades of gouache to stipple the different layers, using my first card as a guide on where to place my paint.  I then stamped out the slices, using the same technique except I turned the oranges into lemons!  I added some pink blossoms and some fresh green foliage from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set.  I decided to fussy cut some of the images and stamp some directly onto the cardstock so I could pop some up with foam tape for dimension.  Before adhering everything down, I added a light wash of sky blue watercolor and stamped my sentiment (again from the Beautiful Bouquet set).  A few white splatters and some sparkly sequins finished this card.  




I hope you enjoyed these projects; I had such fun making them!  Thanks again for stopping by today, and I'll see you again soon with some more fun cardmaking and papercrafting projects from Ink to Paper!  

2 comments on "One Stamp Two Ways: Papertrey Ink's Ink to Paper Sweet Orange Holidays"
  1. Leigh, your cards are both so amazing and full of wonderful details! I especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leigh! The first time I remember seeing a card you designed was the gorgeous butterfly & flowers set on a dark ( blue?) background. I was mesmerized. Oh my gosh, your Christmas oranges are just amazing! I don’t use gouache but you’ve inspired me to use my inks in a personal challenge. ( my 1st love,) You’re so talented and boy, am I happy you’re a card maker! Thx so much! 😊💖

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature