Thursday, May 31, 2018

Highlight Stitching Technique: Ellen Hutson and Waffle Flower Stitched Together




Hello everyone!  Sorry for my absence from the blog… apparently EVERY school project, presentation, concert, meeting, etc. has to happen within a 3-week period at the end of the school year.  It is chaos.  But I have been sneaking time in for crafting in amongst it all and I am so excited I was able to make some cards with the new Stitched Together from the Ellen Hutson United We Flourish collaboration with Waffle Flower.  I have a thing for globes, and I have an obvious thing for flowers and stitching.  So it was like the designers of this set read my mind and developed this set just for me!   I LOVE it.  

I decided to try a new-to-me-technique with this set that you could call highlight or spotlight stitching… just taking at portion of an image and stitching it for emphasis.  I thought stitching the flowers on the globe would add beautiful detail and texture to the card, so after stamping the stitched images and cutting out a panel with a stitched rectangle die, I poked holes in the corners of all the flowers. 


This is not as tedious as it looks, I promise.  If you try this technique, take your time and don’t poke your holes too large.  I poked all the holes in about 10 minutes.  

Then stitch them up!  Because these images are somewhat small, I found the thinnest needle I could fit my thread through and started stitching.  I used two strands of floss for each color.  



I had so much fun stitching the first card that I made two more!  I used a Pretty Pink Posh “Lovely” die to make the larger “love” in two of the cards to switch up the sentiment.  




I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  If you give this technique a try, I would love to see the results! 



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature