Thursday, May 17, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Sending Sunshine Release: Stitched Sending Spring Love Card




Has everyone seen Simon Says Stamp’s latest Sending Sunshine release?  Oh my.  So many awesome products.  I was so happy to be able to create with their new Four Seasons Sayings stamps.  I loved this set as soon as I laid eyes on it… the sayings are so versatile and you can use it to create cards all year round.  So great!  

I used Simon’s More Spring Flowers to create the foundation of my card.  After watercoloring the flowers with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, I used the stitch lines on the flowers to add some stitching to the flowers.  I also decided to stitch over the “Spring” in the sentiment to add more interest.  I then created an envelope with my envelope punch board and added even more stitching to that, tucking the flowers in an arrangement inside.  I then decided to mount the envelope on a panel that I ink blended with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and finished the card with some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins.  




I hope you enjoyed this walkthrough and the card!  


3 comments on "Simon Says Stamp Sending Sunshine Release: Stitched Sending Spring Love Card "
  1. Hi....I just saw your card on IG and had to see it up close. May I ask what floss you use? And how are you able to get your stitching so even--:}? Do you ever do videos? I'm in love with your work and such a fan! Thanks for all your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh, this is wonderful - fantastic idea to add stitching to the flowers and sentiment! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature