Thursday, September 13, 2018

Snowy Shaker Card with Spellbinders Sweet Christmas Dies by Sharon Sowell




Is it beginning to feel a lot like Christmas?  Well, not really weather-wise... it's still pretty warm here in New Jersey.  But it is never too early to start holiday crafting; I always thank myself for starting early when December rolls around and everything starts to get hectic!  I was so lucky to receive the new From Our Home to Yours Etched Die by from Spellbinders.  Sharyn Sowell has created a beautiful line of Sweet Christmas Dies dies, including some fantastic silhouettes like this one. It created a beautiful shaker card, and it came together so easily!

I started by cutting out my silhouette from black glitter cardstock and filled in some of the shadow areas with inlaid dark gray pieces.  I mounted this on buffalo plaid patterned paper, and created a frame using Spellbinders Pierced Rectangle dies.  I stitched the pierced holes with some gold stitching for extra interest.  After cutting a piece of acetate and attaching it inside the frame, I mounted the frame on foam tape to give dimension.  I sprinkled in some Diamond Dust for "snow, and adhered the shaker onto the plaid panel.  

To finish the card, I made some poinsettias out of the new Spellbinders Cinch and Go Etched Poinsettia Dies by Becca Feeken, adding some gold drops in the centers.  I cut my "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the A Sweet Christmas Etched Die and adhered it onto the acetate.  And that was it!  Such a beautiful card but such an easy construction... that's my kind of holiday card!  



Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the Spellbinders affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you for your support!  I'd love to see any projects you make with these products - be sure to come back and show me!  I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy the hop!



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature