Monday, September 10, 2018

Spellbinders September 2018 Sunshiney Day Card Kit: Patterned Paper Cards



I have yet another set of cards I made with the Spellbinders September 2018 Sunshiney Day Card Kit.  This kit comes with a 6x6 paper pad that is full of gorgeous patterned papers.  I wanted to let these papers shine in their own right, so I decided to make some cards that would showcase the beautiful patterns.

For my first card, I chose some beautiful patterns in shades of navy, yellow, turquoise and lilac.  I simply cut out 1x1 inch squares and cut those in half into triangles.  I adhered them to my card base in a quilted pattern.  To add some extra texture, I stitched between the pieces with white thread (the white thread was the only supply I used outside the kit amongst all six cards I created!)



To finish this card, I found some beautiful die cuts within the kit and added the lilac flower cabochon.



When flipping through the paper pack, I stopped in my tracks when I saw the paper I chose for my last card.  It is a GORGEOUS yellow paper with silver-embossed flower images.



I didn't want to take away from the beautiful pattern of this paper by adding too many embellishments, so I decided to simply add color to the flowers with Copic markers.  And wow, was I pleased with the result.  This was SO easy and fast.  I simply colored the flowers with a base color and added shadows with deeper colors by following the lines within the petals and leaves.



I finished the card with the "you are" stamp  and a silver embossed "Lovely" sticker, both from the kit.  This card looks like it took hours, but it was so quick and easy.  What a win-win!



I just LOVE this kit, and looking back at all six cards, I can't believe all the different looks you can achieve.  I had so much fun playing with this, and I have enough supplies to create so many more cards!



A link to the kit is below.  I participate in the Spellbinders affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you for your support!





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature