Thursday, October 10, 2019

Gouache Holiday Card with My Favorite Things Peace on Earth and Brilliant Blooms Stamps



Hello again!  I am so happy to be back today with another card I made using MFT's October holiday release.  Upon seeing this card, my daughter said, "This is my favorite card you have ever made."  So this holds a special place in my heart!

I am way into the non-traditional holiday cards this year, whether they are made with non-traditional colors or non-traditional imagery.  I decided to try to take MFT's Brilliant Blooms stamp set and see if I could give it a holiday twist.  I started by stamping my floral images onto blush-colored cardstock.  I then painted them in with white gouache... so simple!  No shading, mixing or blending needed for these graphic blooms.  I did the same with the leaves, painting them in with various shades of green.  I then went back and outlined the images with a fine line paint brush.  I discovered very quickly that perfection wasn't needed... little imperfections here and there made for such a whimsical result.

I stamped my sentiment using MFT's Peace on Earth stamp set (you could also do double duty with your dies by using them as a stencil).  I painted over the sentiment with black gouache to make the texture of the card consistent.

Some small hand-stitched details and sequins finished off this card beautifully.  Isn't it so great when you can stretch your non-holiday stamps into holiday crafting?  Such a win!



I hope you enjoyed this project!  Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when product are purchased through the links I share.  I truly appreciate your support!

I'll be back soon with another project I made with MFT's October release... I can't get enough of these products!  In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature