Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Stitched Butterfly Card With Spellbinders Bonjour Large Die of the Month Club



Hello, friends!  I have some exciting news... Spellbinders is running an amazing Past Club Kits promotion.  There are some AMAZING kits for sale right now up to 40% off!  I've had my eye on some of these sets and I can't wait to scoop some up.  In the meantime, I am so happy to be sharing a project I made with the Bonjour kit, which was the Large Die of the Month from February 2019.  This set is full of the most beautiful dies.  A gorgeous layered butterfly and tons of florals and foliage... how can you go wrong?

I wanted to create a painterly card made with gouache, so I die cut a bunch of the pretty flowers and foliage from white cardstock.  I then painted them in pretty peach, pink, and coral shades of gouache, adding little painted details here and there.  I painted the leaves and foliage in the same way using pretty early green hues.



I then moved onto my butterfly.  I die cut the base and outline butterfly shapes and layered them together.  I then used stitching to color in the different sections of the wing.  I used a brick stitch, which is a simple backstitch where the adjacent rows are offset from one another.  To finish the butterfly, I painted another outline layer with gray gouache to match the painterly look of the floral die cuts.



All that was left to do was assemble the card!  I splattered by watercolor cardstock background panel with some gouache and gold watercolor.  I then applied my florals in pretty clusters and adhered my butterfly in the middle.  The "Bonjour" sentiment was cut from gold cardstock and finished the card beautifully!

This card has so much gorgeous detail thanks to all the thought that Spellbinders puts into their dies.  It is always such a pleasure to see creations come together so beautifully when kits are put together so thoughtfully!



I hope you enjoyed this project!  A link to the Bonjour Club Kit is below.  Full promo details are as follows:

Save up to 40% off select past club kits www.spellbinderspaperarts.com.  Click Here to view eligible items. Club members must Log In to view club member discounts. Orders are processed in the order that they are received. If you purchase an item that is out of stock, the item(s) will be removed from your order and you will not be charged for that item(s). Offer is for individual consumer use only; not for distribution; excludes clearance items, tax, & shipping. Not valid on any previous web, phone or retail purchases; cannot be redeemed for cash; cannot be combined with any other offer; void where prohibited; limited to stock on hand. Offer only available 10-15-19 to 10-20-19 at 11:59 PST. 

I participate in the Spellbinders affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  I truly appreciate your support!

I have some more really fun Spellbinders projects to share with you, so I'll see you soon!  Thanks so much for stopping by!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature