Thursday, October 10, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Cheer & Joy Release: Reindeer Background by CZ Design





Happy Simon Says Stamp release day!  I'm so excited to be celebrating the Cheer and Joy release with a card made using the new Reindeer Background Stamp by CZ Design.  Cathy Zielske designs the most fantastic products and this is no exception; how great is this background stamp?

As soon as I saw this stamp, I knew I wanted to pair it with one of my all-time favorite holiday dies: Simon's Picture Book Deer die.  I first made a background panel with the Reindeer Background stamp, embossing the images in white on a aqua-colored card base.  I then die cut my deer and colored her (him?  I haven't decided LOL) with Copic markers.  I die cut a separate scarf from red felt and embellished it with tiny french knots for some cute interest.  I then stamped and colored some fun holly and berry images, again coloring them in with bright and fun Copic markers.  I added some stitching to these elements as well... I just can't help myself!

I die cut a stitched rectangle window and layered all my elements up, creating a fun holiday framed image.  Some little pom poms and leaf sequins finished up the deer.  I just love how all of these products paired so well together and made such a fun and festive card!



Links to the products I used are below.  I hope you enjoyed this project today and all of the fantastic inspiration you'll see with this release.  I can't wait to start on some more holiday projects!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll be back with another project tomorrow.  Have a great day!





1 comment on "Simon Says Stamp Cheer & Joy Release: Reindeer Background by CZ Design"
  1. Hi. I don't comment much, but I have to say it is always nice to see what you create, Leigh. Your stitching techniques are always really nice and creative, and they set you apart from many other crafters. I know that it takes a LONG time and the finished products are always worth it!
    Between work and personal life, my reading and keeping up with blogs, let-alone maintaining a blog can be really time consuming- (I have personally dropped back to simply instagram now), but I wanted to add that your blog is one of only a handful that I subscribe to. Sometimes I hunt around and read a lot of other creative crafters' posts of course, but I meant as far as reading every subscription and being sent the emails. Anyway, have a great weekend and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature